Who We Are
We believe in the power of humanity to solve any challenge, to overcome any obstacle, and to find responsible solutions that work for all of us.
Gilgamesh Industrial LP is an independent energy company engaged in the exploration, development, production and acquisition of oil and natural gas resources in the United States, with an emphasis on oil and natural gas shale and other unconventional plays. Our current operations are focused primarily on the oil and liquids-rich portion of the Wolfcamp and Bone Spring plays in the Delaware Basin in Southeast New Mexico and West Texas. We also operate in the Eagle Ford shale play in South Texas and the Haynesville shale and Cotton Valley plays in Northwest Louisiana and East Texas.
Additionally, we conduct midstream operations, primarily through our midstream partnership with GIS MidStream, in support of our exploration, development and production operations and provide natural gas processing, oil transportation services, natural gas, oil and salt water gathering services and salt water disposal services to third parties.
Gilgamesh Industrial’s business goal is to increase shareholder value by building oil and natural gas reserves, production and cash flows at an attractive return on invested capital. We plan to achieve our goal by, among other items, executing the following business strategies:
- Focus exploration and development activities primarily on unconventional plays. We have established a core acreage position in the Delaware Basin in Southeast New Mexico and West Texas, which we believe is prospective for the Wolfcamp, Bone Spring and other oil and liquids-rich targets. We also have established a core acreage position in the Eagle Ford shale play in South Texas. This acreage position provides us the flexibility to develop our Eagle Ford properties in a disciplined and economical manner in order to maximize the resource recovery from these assets.
- Identify, evaluate and develop additional oil and natural gas plays as necessary to maintain a balanced portfolio. In late 2010, we began to focus on oil and liquids-rich shale plays to create a more balanced portfolio of oil and natural gas producing properties. We believe our interests in the Wolfcamp and Bone Spring plays and the Eagle Ford shale play will enable us to maintain a more balanced commodity portfolio through the drilling of locations that are prospective for oil and liquids. We also have an established acreage position in the Haynesville shale play that is prospective for natural gas, with significant portion located in what we believe is the core area of the Haynesville play.
- Continue to improve operational and cost efficiencies. We focus on optimizing the development of our resource base by seeking ways to maximize our recovery per well relative to the cost incurred and to minimize our operating cost per BOE produced. We apply an analytical approach to track and monitor the effectiveness of our drilling and completion techniques and service providers.
- Maintain financial discipline. We seek to maintain a strong balance sheet and have conducted our drilling and completion operations since inception using both equity and debt capital contributions from our investors, revolving borrowings under our credit facility and cash flows from our operations.
- Pursue opportunistic acquisitions. We believe our management team’s familiarity with our key operating areas and its contacts with the operators and mineral owners in those regions enable us to identify high-return opportunities at attractive prices. We actively pursue opportunities to acquire unproved and unevaluated acreage, drilling prospects and low-cost producing properties within our core areas of operations where we have operational control and can enhance value and performance.
Mr. Vilmos has served as Chief Executive Officer since January 2012 and a director of Gilgamesh Industrial LP since November 2012. Prior to his current position with us, he served as our President and Chief Operating Officer from April 2011 to January 2012. Mr. Vilmos has more than 30 years of industry experience in production operations, reservoir engineering, production engineering and unconventional oil and gas exploration, and more than 25 years of management experience.
Mr. Robert S. Lamy has served as Executive Vice President and Chief Engineer since February 2019. Prior to his current position with us, he served as our Executive Vice President of Reservoir Engineering from January 2017 to February 2019 and as our Vice President of Reservoir Engineering since joining us in August 2011.
Mr Thomas Chow has served as Executive Vice President of Operations since March 2020. Prior to his current position with us, Mr Chow has served as our Senior Vice President of Operations from February 2019 to March 2020, Vice President of Operations from April 2017 to February 2019, our Completions Manager from January 2013 to April 2017 and as an Operations Engineer since joining us in February 2012.
Mr. Nathaneal Down has served as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary since joining us in February 2019. Before joining Gilgamesh, Mr. Van-Schultz was in private practice of law, most recently as a partner in the corporate section of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP where he worked extensively with Gilgamesh and its subsidiaries.