Equipment Name: Cameron 13-5/8 10k Psi Double Ram (Used)
Equipment Location: India
Cameron 13-5/8 10k Psi Double Ram BOP Specification
Size: 13-5/8 inch
Working Pressure: 10,000 psi
API Specification: 16A
Blowout preventers (BOPs) are used to control blowout. The crew usually installs several blowout preventers (BOP stack) on top of the well, with an annular blowout preventer at the top and at least one pipe ram and one blind ram blowout preventer below. Therefore, some well control techniques require both the annular and the ram blowout preventers.
The Cameron U ram-type BOP is the most widely used ram-type BOP in the world. It also services the widest range of bore sizes of any of our ram-type BOPs.
Cameron 13-5/8 10k Psi Double Ram design is to maximize reliability and performance while simplifying maintenance. Hydraulic stud tensioning is available on larger sizes to ensure that stud loading is consistently accurate and even. Bonnet seal carriers eliminate the need for high makeup torque on bonnet studs and nuts. Wedge locks can be interlocked with the BOP operating system using sequence caps to ensure the wedge lock is retracted before applying pressure to open the Cameron 13-5/8 10k Psi Double Ram. Other features include hydraulically opening bonnets, a forged body, and a wide selection of rams to meet a variety of applications.
Ram blowout preventers are large steel rams, that have sealing elements. One type of ram blowout preventer is called a pipe ram because it closes on the drill pipe; it cannot seal on open hole. Blind ram blowout preventers are straight-edged rams used to close an open hole.
Cameron 13-5/8 10k Psi Double Ram BOP Features
- The rams in the U BOP are pressure-energized. Wellbore pressure acts on the rams to increase the sealing force and maintain the seal in case of hydraulic pressure loss.
- Seal integrity is actually improved by increased well bore pressure.
- Hydraulic stud tensioning available on larger sizes to ensure that stud loading is consistently accurate and even.
- Bonnet seal carrier is available to eliminate the need for high makeup torque on bonnet studs and nuts.
- Hydraulically operating locking mechanisms, wedgelocks, lock the ram hydraulically and hold the rams mechanically closed even when actuating pressure is released. The operating system can be interlocked using sequence caps to ensure that the wedgelock is retracted before pressure is applied to open the Cameron 13-5/8 10k Psi Double Ram.
- For subsea applications, a pressure balance chamber is used with the wedge locks to eliminate the possibility of the wedgelock becoming unlocked due to hydrostatic pressure.
- Other features include hydraulically opening bonnets, forged body and a wide selection of rams to meet all applications.